As we begin to get a little more in depth with photography here in class it is important to discuss the type of format you will be shooting with your camera. As you touched on briefly in chapter 8 of your book, we will be a looking a little more closely at the RAW and JPG formats.
Check out this article from Digital Photography School’s blog as they explain the technical differences between the two.
Once you have read the article, write out the following questions and answer them on a piece of paper to turn in to class.
1. Name 4 characteristics of a RAW file.
2. Name 4 characteristics of a JPG file.
3. What happens when a camera “processes” a JPG file?
4. What are the benefits to shooting RAW over JPG?
5. What are the benefits to shooting JPG over RAW?