June 8, 2017
ZION TRIP VIDEO
May 22, 2017
Orange County Fair Submission
Read through the following criteria for submitting your image(s) to the Orange County Fair. Decide on what artwork you would like to upload for the competition. Bring your image(s) to class on Friday to double check before submitting.
May 5th, 2017
Read the following article about Zion National Park. As you think about your upcoming trip (almost everyone), think about 5 photographic goals you would like to accomplish. Write down your 5 goals in complete sentences and what locations you think would allow you to accomplish the goals.
May 1st, 2017
Go to the UNSPLASH.com page and download this image to use in photoshop as we begin to create a surreal image with it.
April 12, 2017
Small Steps are Giant Leaps
Read the following article from the Fstoppers blog about a unique project. Afterwards, write down some ideas you have for creating your own project.
Also, read this article and think about what the photographer had to do in order to get the images to look realistic.
April 3, 2017
The Importance of Photo Projects
Read the following article about the benefit of photo projects.
Answer the following questions on a sheet of paper in complete sentences.
- Why do we need creativity to be our “success edge” according to the article?
- What is wrong with the “everything that catches our eye” kind of project?
- What was it that made Ansel Adams, Henri Cartier-Bresson, and the like unique in their vision and scope of work?
- Why are individual images compared to trees and a project to a forest?
- To create great photographs regularly and consistently, what is involved?
- Why is it beneficial to add diversity through small projects?
March 24, 2017
Create a “Levitation” image that includes multiple objects in the idea. Take some time to sketch out the idea on paper and think about what you’ll need to do in order to get the best, realistic idea.
Keep in mind:
-shoot with a tripod
-shallow depth of field, wide angle
-realism with light and shadows
-consider adding textures to the final image and color adjustments
Post your image to your blog and title it “Levitation” Write at least a 5 sentence paragraph explaining the challenges you faced in shooting and what benefits you got from the project.
March 20th, 2017
Check out this link to learn about levitation photos.
February 13th, 2017
Double Exposure Practice
January 30th, 2017
Find an action figure or toy of some kind to use as your subject for this project. It can be an animal, soldier, movie character, etc. It is beneficial if the toy has moveable arms and legs so that you can position it differently. Come up with a short story of images that you can tell with the toy. Think about the background of the toy itself, how can you relate it to have human characteristics?
Consider lighting, placement, and editing just like you would a human portrait. Utilize a shallow depth of field as needed.
Post 5-10 images to your blog and title it “Toy Story.” Write at least a 5 sentence paragraph explaining the challenges you faced in shooting and what benefits you got from the project.
Check out this link from Digital Photography School for helpful tips!
November 30th, 2016
Take portrait pictures of your partner in class showing a variety of emotions. Try to make each portrait the same lighting and distance from the camera. Then produce a collage of 9 images and post it to your blog.
October 10th, 2016
Presidential Debate Images
Last night was the 2nd of 3 presidential debates scheduled for this election year. It is an election that has captivated the worlds attention for its bizarre and circus-like nature. Check out the following link from dailymail.com as we discuss in class not the politics themselves, but the role the images play in speaking to people.
September 13th, 2016
1. Read this article from diyphotography.net about jump starting your photography. Once you’ve had a chance to think about it, choose 5 from the list that you would like to try and submit your 5 on the class Edmodo “quiz.” (idea taken from Jurupa Hills Photography Class – check out their blog for ideas)
2. Produce 5 edited images for each idea you chose and submit them in your blog explaining what you did in each category. DUE Wednesday, Sept. 21st.
3. You should have a total of 25 edited images. Make a blog post titled “Creativity Practice” and explain what you did in each category. Post a couple pictures for each category on the blog.